Monday, January 16, 2006

The Soviet Union and Brezhnev are alive in Syria

Finally a Not So "Syria is Great" article on SyriaComment

Everyone has their own opinion, and the right to hold them. That is why I infrequently criticize the Blog SyriaComment by Dr. Joshua Landis.
In fact I have disagreed with his supporting of the Regime in Syria.

But this article I linked does not put Syria's best face forward - in fact it paints an alarming viewpoint held by Syrian Foreign Minister Farouq Al-Shara'.

MEMRI has translated Michel Kilo's powerful article:
"Syrian Foreign Minister Farouq Al-Shara' is Subordinating Lebanese Sovereignty to Syrian Interests"
January 17, 2006 No.1071


Read the article. Seriously Read the article.

Having spent my high school and college years studying the Soviet Union, this is alarming to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home